No cold AC air

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
terance13

No cold AC air

Post by terance13 »

Just turned on the AC unit for the first time since last year. I have plenty of airflow, but not cold air. Where should I start first? Thanks!
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Re: No cold AC air

Post by sm350bl »

you talking dashboard air, rooftop air?
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If you are referring to the roof top AC, see if the air coming out of the unit outside is warm. For mine, it takes a minute or two after the fan comes on to hear the compressor kicking in, and start to cool the air. The roof top AC needs to be exercised (together with the genset) periodically so that the gaskets do not get dried up and leak out the magic inside the tubing.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
terance13

Post by terance13 »

I contacted a friend who said the unit “lost its logic”. He told me to switch from AC to HEAT.. wait a few minutes and cut the power. Wait an hour and restart the AC…and he was right! The AC came on as usual!!!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

So the heat work, and the AC did not work but it is working now? I guess it is the reversing valve that got stuck there, and you were able to unstuck it. The reversing valve is the one that let a heat pump to switch from the heating mode to cooling mode.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis