Ford van consoles/replacement, 1997 and newer chassis.

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Re: Ford van consoles/replacement, 1997 and newer chassis.

Post by Blue~Go »

The Beverage Mate (which that looks to be) is "aftermarket." By which I mean it was not made by Ford or included in any Ford stock vans. Chinook installed it as an option on some of our RV's. It's also Chinook who made that "padding" on the doghouse. It would match the interior decor of whichever Chinook it is on (mine came with both that pad and a Beverage Mate).

Personally, I didn't like the Beverage Mate, and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Why? Well the cupholders were tiny and would only fit something the size of a traditional soda can. Then it had special hot cups which weren't really too great, IMO. Storage? Forget it. There was that tiny "glove box" and that was nearly it. The things that look like storage areas toward the side are vents which cannot be blocked.

I'm sure there are people who love the Beverage Mate, and if you are one of them I don't mean to negate your choice. I only wrote the above in case you are hot on the trail of buying one so you will know the potential downsides.

I went with a couple of the other consoles shown in this thread (yep, I have a little collection), and use an insulated stainless flask (eg Hydroflask) which works great for both cold or hot beverages (or one of each simultaneously).
1999 Concourse
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

Please help me understand. I have a 2000 Concourse on a 1999 chassis. Are you saying that all consoles will fit?

The reason I ask, is I tried to buy a brand new one, entered my VIN, and they denied the order stating it was for a 2009 and up.

Are they just mistaken and I should go ahead and order? I believe it’s the one you guys referenced as the scary clown face. Lol
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The picture posted by Astrodokk should fit the 1999/2000 rig:

There is a missing clip that you may need (they drilled it out when they put in the BeverageMate), but you maybe able to install it without it.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

That’s right, I bought that at Pic N pull for just a few bucks and replaced the Beverage Mate, which I still have too.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

FatBuoy wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 4:38 pm Please help me understand. I have a 2000 Concourse on a 1999 chassis. Are you saying that all consoles will fit?
Slight dredge, but since I started the thread way back when: Yep, all 1997-newer consoles will fit. 1996 and older chassis (which might be called a 1997 Chinook) are the previous generation (460 engine, etc.) and don't really have the same setup at all.

1997 (Ford year) and newer all have the same doghouse, which is the base engine cover piece with the big knobs that the console sits on. Therefore you can go wild with any of the console choices, right up to the newest ones. Collect all six! :lol:

(I only collected three ;))
1999 Concourse
sassafras909

Post by sassafras909 »

O.K...folks...the mentions here are for 1997-2007 Chinook models. What about the doghouses for 1970"s model Chinooks? What years can you find replacements? 1970-1980? will those work? Dodge Ram trucks? or vans? We have a 1977 Chinook Concourse. thanks.