1978 Chevy chinook G30-Original

Buy, Sell, Trade, Give away.. Stuff.
Forum rules
Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.
Jimsheridan

1978 Chevy chinook G30-Original

Post by Jimsheridan »

Selling my chinook, has taken me on some great weekend getaways throughout the pandemic but I can’t smog it here to get my tags so I must part ways with her. Small block 400, headers, Holley double pumper 750 if I’m not mistaken. Sounds mean. Getting her ready to sell now, needs a new battery at the moment. Shoot me a text if you’re interested. Interior looks alright but I’d redo the floors. Also comes with a rooftop AC for it that’s not installed yet. Shoot me a text if you’re interested $5500 OBO Bill of sale only, as-is. Would be confident taking her out on a road trip as soon as I put the new battery in and see if the carb needs to be cleaned. 925-864-4118 located in the Bay Area in Northern California
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 1978 Chevy chinook G30-Original

Post by chin_k »

Can't you register it at some of the counties that require no smog check? I heard people in Santa Rosa do not need to smog their RV.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

Ultimately in CA the vehicle owner is responsible to obtaining a current Smog inspection certificate upon title transfer. Even if you sell a car " as-is". So be weary. Maybe write up a separate contract specifically releasing the vehicle owner from obtaining a current smog inspection prior to title transfer that both parties sign?
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

I've sold vehicles in CA without smog. Just put it in the bill of sale that it's the buyer's responsibility. In my experiences, they all left the state never to be heard from again.

On the other hand, I've had seemingly normal transactions where the buyer didn't transfer title. In one case, I was getting parking tickets in areas that I never visited. That was a hassle. When you sell a vehicle and you send in the top portion of the title releasing seller liability, it's not water tight by any means.

Regarding this Chinook: Depending on what's there, it could need a thermostatic air cleaner, PCV, throttle return control, maybe air injection and/or EVAP setup, and of course a cat. And possibly a carb. I don't think it would be too terrible getting it sorted out for a motivated young fella, especially if it's an otherwise decent Chinook for ~ $4000.

It has everything to do with the shell and the sub floor. If those are solid, then it's definitely worth getting it smogged and keeping it in CA, IMO.
1994 Premier