Share your washing routine

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
grantandash

Share your washing routine

Post by grantandash »

Hey all, there's snippets of info all over the board, but I thought it would be helpful (at least for me!) to collect it in one spot.

My girl is starting to look a bit rough around the edges, I usually take her to a self-wash (I don't have a driveway) and use what they have, but I'm wondering what products/devices/methods everyone here uses to keep their rigs the envy of the road!

Thanks in advance!
2003 Concourse XL Dinette, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Share your washing routine

Post by deppstein »

I used to wash our Rig myself and then wax with Meguiar’s Products for RV (wash/wax/restoration). But for last several years, I have splurged by finding a good auto detail place that now does a full wash/wax in April ($350) and then a wash ($125) in the fall. Works for me!!!!
David
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

deppstein wrote: June 29th, 2023, 5:27 am I have splurged by finding a good auto detail place that now does a full wash/wax in April ($350) and then a wash ($125) in the fall. Works for me!!!!
David
Thanks for sharing your "routine." I like it. I'm certainly headed in that direction as well.

The one thing I like least about RV ownership is washing it. This is the first time I remember anyone posting a price for outsourcing the chore. I would pay $125 for a full exterior wash in a heartbeat! But that ain't happening around here. Maybe I haven't looked enough.
1994 Premier
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

I give him a BIG tip!
David
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

deppstein wrote: June 29th, 2023, 5:27 am I used to wash our Rig myself and then wax with Meguiar’s Products for RV (wash/wax/restoration). But for last several years, I have splurged by finding a good auto detail place that now does a full wash/wax in April ($350) and then a wash ($125) in the fall. Works for me!!!!
David
When I was showing my 68camaro I spent several hours each night for 2 - 3 nights detailing, washing and waxing. I still wash the camaro and only do light wax once a year, but like you I hire out the Chinook wash/wax. I guess I am older and value my time more than cost to farm out.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.