Coach speakers to cab stereo?

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Punches

Coach speakers to cab stereo?

Post by Punches »

I have just a finished fixing the not so fun stuff, and want to add Bluetooth. I have a 2000 Premier (Ford) with a 1999 radio. I’m the the 3rd owner and PO said he never heard the coach speakers (I have 2 since it is a Premier), and the original coach radio is long gone. I want to be able to play sound front and back, so my wife will be able to listen to books on tape while relaxing. I have read all the posts back to 2017, so I’m aware of the size differences and pros and cons etc. Right now, planning on simple single din, I don’t want to shell out for rear view camera and navigation for the limited use it will get.

I would love any ideas. I’m thinking I’ll have to get a wire down the tower. If so ideals would be to 1. Power it with the house batteries and 2. Run a HDMI cable back up to our TV. Problem is I’m not sure witch wire to use. The only speaker wire disappears.
I think the wire I need is a gray wire with 4 wires: blue, green, red, yellow. (Type CM CL3 Sun… if that means anything) Sorry I can’t post a picture?? I also have a connector with two wires, and a yellow wire that is cut all on the old TV side.

Is this something I can take to anyone and have them do? Or is this a DIY project? I have basic wiring knowledge.
JabberBox

Re: Coach speakers to cab stereo?

Post by JabberBox »

I dont follow what it is youre saying exactly. You are going to replace your in dash stereo with a single din stereo and you want to route wires back to the house speakers in the back so the wife can hear it also? What are those rear speakers currently wired into? Any new radio is going to have each wire labeled as to what it is supposed to attach to. For instance, front left speaker, front right speaker, rear left speaker, rear right speaker.

It seems straight forward enough and theres no way around the fact that you will have to route new wires from the in dash radio into the back of the house where the other speakers are. That said route your two new pair of wires into the back attach them accordingly and then simply turn the radio on and test them. Cant help you with your television, im not a TV repairman.