AC power issues

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Boondock_dan

AC power issues

Post by Boondock_dan »

I’m recently purchased a ‘97 Concourse and I’m currently trying to work out some gremlins in the electrical systems. After replacing the two coach batteries as well as the engine battery all of which were shot I’ve got DC power functioning in the coach, however when I’m hooked up to shore power I’m still not getting any power to the AC outlets in the coach. The microwave works which tells me that there is AC power coming through but I’m wondering if there’s some thing I’m missing to get power to the outlets. What would you check first?
noluck

Re: AC power issues

Post by noluck »

have you checked the ac breakers, sounds like the plugs breaker is tripped
1995 chinook concourse soon to be cummins power
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Breakers includes looking at the breaker panel and the separate breaker on the outlet near the rear door on the right-hand side (just push the red button in). That outlet is the start of the power lines that go to all the other outlets. The Microwave is on a different circuit, so it wouldn't be affected.

The second possibility is one I had when I bought my 2000 Concourse used. It had been sitting out in the weather and the seal for the outside outlet cover had failed, allowing some drips to get in to the outlet's wiring, shorting it out. That outlet is also on the same circuit as all the inside outlets. Though I think in my case I may have had the driver side outlets working (because they branch out from the breaker outlet and are not directly in-line with the passenger side outside outlet, which then goes to the inside outlets).
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
noluck

Post by noluck »

time to break out a non contact voltage detector

https://www.amazon.ca/Voltage-Non-Conta ... 6aefc&th=1
1995 chinook concourse soon to be cummins power
tinyhouse

Post by tinyhouse »

Hi

I have the same unit. You probably already checked this. The outlet above the circuit box (next to the bathroom door) is GFI. Check if it's tripped. All the outlets feed from this outlet. If it's tripped none will work.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your side entry. I love mine.