Ground Issue

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
LosLaureles

Ground Issue

Post by LosLaureles »

Rear passenger tail light has a ground issue. Does anyone know the routing and location of ground points for the white wires?
The previous owner ran a temporary ground fix to the grounding plate in the refrigerator hatch. Yes, this works but I know it's not correct.

Now the weird issue. With the ground not connected I get rapid flashing using turn signal. Not surprised. However, the transmission will hunt between overdrive and not overdrive. Once, I reconnect ground to the grounding plate in refrigerator hatch, all works perfect.

Thanks for any advice
2000 Chinook Premier
LosLaureles

Re: Ground Issue

Post by LosLaureles »

Sorry, should be in electrical section
2000 Chinook Premier
noluck

Post by noluck »

the transmission issue will not be with the moho wiring but with the a pcm ground, that may be grounding the tail lights
1995 chinook concourse soon to be cummins power
Blewett

Post by Blewett »

It sounds like one or more poor grounds is causing some back feeding through different circuits. I had some issues with grounds and found some ground busses heavily corroded. The main issue was the cable grounding the buss to the chassis was corroded so the power was feeding back through the other circuits. If the previous owner crossed the camper and chassis wiring you could be in for some unexpected suprises.
1997 Ford E-350 Chinook Concourse Side Entry.