switch above visor

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
kskogerson

switch above visor

Post by kskogerson »

anyone know what the red rocker switch is for next to the emergency start and battery disconnect switch is for on a 1996 Chinook Concourse?
Don't know how to get a picture up....

Kent
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: switch above visor

Post by chin_k »

Right under the "save draft" "Preview" and "Submit" there is a tab next to the "Option" that you can click on to upload attachment. It is aptly labelled "Attachments"

See if you can upload the file.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
kskogerson

Post by kskogerson »

chinook switch.pdf
(491.94 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Mine is a 2000, and the switches are different. Here is my complete guess, so take it with a ton of salt.

1, turn on the headlight for the coach, and the rocker switch will turn on the fog lights in the front?
2, it is a remote switch for the generator... if your generator is working, then you should be able to start it from the driver seat.

I can't think of other possible function for the switch. Anyone else?
kskogerson

Post by kskogerson »

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have a remote near the closet in the back for the gen set so I don't think there would be two, but I'll investigate.
kskogerson

Post by kskogerson »

My coach has no fog lamps, so that's out and the gen set doesn't respond.
looking forward to other thoughts...

Spoke to a former Chinook factory employee and he was not aware of this switch function either. Maybe a wiring diagram would help?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The wooden faceplate seems to be from factory, so it is very interesting to see something that is neither the genset or fog lamp related.

Here is the link to the regular switch diagram on a later Concourse: https://www.chinookrvforum.com/download/file.php?id=699

Maybe take out the faceplate, and put a toner on it and trace the wire to see where it goes? I still have to figure out where is my genset starter wire and its fuse. In a way, each Chinook is unique.
tinyhouse

Post by tinyhouse »

I would reconsider the fog lights. Mine didn't have the lights (1997 concourse side entry )but the switch and wiring were there. Check under your front bumper and see if there are a few wires with no where to go. The fog lights only work when you are using the high beams. Hope this helps.
kskogerson

Post by kskogerson »

Thanks tinyhouse and chin,
I will continue to investigate..
marktmaxwell

Post by marktmaxwell »

That switch looks similar to two that are in my '01 Destiny 24; one is water heater on/off, the other is holding tank heater blanket(s) on/off.
2002 Chinook Destiny 2400, 2001 Chev E3500 8.1 litre powered chassis, < 26k miles when purchased 02/2022