Has anyone seen any of the new models?

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Manitou
Site Admin

Has anyone seen any of the new models?

Post by Manitou »

https://youtu.be/0aynYyaHZ8M?si=2qiANEn-znw9WuPr

or maybe this one?

https://youtu.be/R82S1d_r4MQ?si=v4N8lKUkeQCieEAI

I particularly like the awd twin turbo v6 Ford based one. Just have to wait 10 years for depreciation to do its thing unfortunately.
terriv
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Has anyone seen any of the new models?

Post by terriv »

WOW!! Soooo slick & well designed. Fireplace? Yes, please! :lol:
2000 Concourse Dinette 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10
Go Wagon
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Just got done watching both videos. Nice to see Chinook going back to its roots of a solid Class B+. Technical upgrades are definitely cool—engine, lithium, heat/hot water,frig and cook top to eliminate propane….along with the increased insulation (cab and tanks). Construction seems solid. But I have to admit that I came away happy to have my old Rig. For me, the added length to get separate shower and bath (and little else) hardly seems worth it. Conversion of couch to bed isn’t really any different than my Jack-knife, and their “Eddie” bed version actually seems more complicated—especially since that layout doesn’t have the comfort of the dinette and sofa together during the day. I guess I’m just not the type who needs a TV to be taking up all that space.
Bottom line—I’d rather do an upgrade to lithium, add permanent solar, smart charge off of alternator, heat my tanks, and maybe got to tankless hot water than jump into one of these new Rigs even if I could afford it. Call me old school. :)
noluck

Post by noluck »

deppstein wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 5:00 pm Just got done watching both videos. Nice to see Chinook going back to its roots of a solid Class B+. Technical upgrades are definitely cool—engine, lithium, heat/hot water,frig and cook top to eliminate propane….along with the increased insulation (cab and tanks). Construction seems solid. But I have to admit that I came away happy to have my old Rig. For me, the added length to get separate shower and bath (and little else) hardly seems worth it. Conversion of couch to bed isn’t really any different than my Jack-knife, and their “Eddie” bed version actually seems more complicated—especially since that layout doesn’t have the comfort of the dinette and sofa together during the day. I guess I’m just not the type who needs a TV to be taking up all that space.
Bottom line—I’d rather do an upgrade to lithium, add permanent solar, smart charge off of alternator, heat my tanks, and maybe got to tankless hot water than jump into one of these new Rigs even if I could afford it. Call me old school. :)
i agree, that eddie bed hides the window when up! dont like that
1995 chinook concourse soon to be cummins power
SMan

Post by SMan »

I would hope the quality would be consistent with Chinooks of old but I understand that they have little to nothing in common with the Classic Chinook. The MSRP is nuts and would leave me out of the market. The industry on a whole has had very poor quality control reputation in the last few years.

All that said they look really nice.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Yes, I have seen them up close and personal and not impressed at all. Inside is like any other modern RV as is outside. like Sman says it has "little to nothing in common with the Classic Chinook".
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
phil4nugen

Post by phil4nugen »

Hi,
New member and Maverick owner here.
After planning to build a 4 season "Powder Chaser" on a MB 170" Ext AWD Sprinter (because I was dissatisfied with anything out there except a custom Advanced RV) I discovered the new 4 season Chinook Maverick. It has 90% of what I was planning without the MB headaches and ARV price tag. I am taking delivery on Monday and am looking forward to many advantures in it.
I look forward to getting to know other members and sharing my thoughts about the new rig.
I am an engineer and very particular about designs. I met Seth from the Chinook factory at the RV show I attended who answered my countless questions about systems and features. It seems the new owners are committed to doing it right. I plan to visit and tour the new factory to see the Maverick "guts" going together to learn all I can about it.
Cheers!
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

phil4nugen wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:10 am Hi,
New member and Maverick owner here.
Cheers!
Very nice, anything to get you out chasing powder is great. My Chinook lets me chase "trout" out here in East. Nothing better than waking up to subfreezin temps all warm and cozy:)
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Welcome Phil4—our first Next Gen Chinook owner I believe. I for one am really looking forward to hearing what you have to say as a user of these new Rigs.
David
abercrombieandhitch

Post by abercrombieandhitch »

Heyyyy ,
New member & 2023 Chinook Bayside TB owner here, as well!
We are "trying to luv our Chinookie™ (yeah we named her, don't judge) :D
but I think we may be trading in for the Maverick?
We will be attentive to yours and others post!
We agree with you and think Seth Buchheit (their sales manager /factory rep) is one of the best things Chinook® has going for them to fulfill their vision statement 👍
~bruce&linda
AbercrombieandHitch.com