Clear Sewar Hose Adaptor

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
Skillet

Clear Sewar Hose Adaptor

Post by Skillet »

Was looking to get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39562-Clear ... PDKIKX0DER and was wondering if anyone uses one or one of a different size. Seems like everyone who has one says they should be an immediate purchase.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Clear Sewar Hose Adaptor

Post by Manitou »

My rig came with something similar. It's got a 45 degree angle and an attachment for a garden hose. I assume it's like an aftermarket black water tank flusher (seems to point the garden house force up into the tank). I've never used it. Maybe someone will educate me why they are a must have?
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I don't know that I would say black water tank flushing is a must have. On boats there is never anything like that (unless it has recently become a thing), and they have holding tanks. But apparently in RV's you can get an "accumulation" in the black tank and so people like to flush them and get them "clean" (for some value of clean :lol: ).

Maybe one reason is that RV tank level sensors are prone to clogging and people want to try to keep them functioning.

Anyway, then there are a few ways to try to do that cleaning. Of the ones I have seen:

1) Wand you put on a garden hose and stick down into the toilet with the valve open.
2) Built in type flusher as came on my concourse (bullet type thing in wall of tank).
3) Various attachments you put on at the tank outlet, some clear (whee!).
4) A side method is people driving around with ice cubes in the back tank.

I've also seen clear elbows without a flushing port.

I just empty the thing with an opaque hose and drive on. If I thought it was getting clogged I think I'd put in half a tankload of warm water and some cleaning agent and take a drive, but that's probably because it's similar to what we did on boats.

I took out the stock black tank rinser. One of the pipes (PEX) had a hole in it and I wasn't motivated to have it anyway. For now I can just look down the hole (toilet flapper) but I have also purchased a See Level system (the sensors go on the outside of the tanks - potable, grey, and black). If I could see the grey tank I probably wouldn't have, but that's the one tank there is no way to check.
1999 Concourse
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Skillet wrote:Was looking to get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39562-Clear ... PDKIKX0DER and was wondering if anyone uses one or one of a different size. Seems like everyone who has one says they should be an immediate purchase.
Hi Skillet,

I have a clear adapter with a 45 degree angle, but I would prefer a straight one like you posted, since it would fit in the storage tube with the hose. I have to store mine separately. Using the clear fitting makes it is obvious that the tanks are cleared before you remove the hose. I have the external flush fitting provided with the Concourse, so I connect a hose and run clear water through the tank after it drains. The transparent fitting lets me see when only clear water is present in the drain hose. I like having it.

Clay
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Clay,

Good to hear of your positive experience with the flusher. Looking back I may sound negative about it. I didn't exactly mean to, but was just responding to Manitou asking why it was a "must have." I can see where it can be good to have, but not required, is what I meant to say.

Guess I'll consider hooking mine back up if I find a need :)
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

I've never had one of those clear thingy's.

The monitor light for my black water tank doesn't work all that well in my 2004 Premier. I suspect the sensor must get "stuff" on it regularly. :lol: The garden hose flush adapter located in the compartment with the water fill, and city water hookup seems to do an excellent job when dumping the holding tank.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
jeanie19
**Forum Contributor**

Post by jeanie19 »

I got one of the straight clear adapters, also with the intention of storing it in the sewer hose tube. Was disappointed that it does not fit, the connector pins stick out too far. Should fit if I file down the ends of the pins, or into a coffee can and into the storage hatch it goes.

Edit: A couple of minutes on the bench grinder on the protruding things, guess they are grab bumps not connector pins, and the clear adapter now fits into the sewer storage tube that Blue comments on in his new thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=408
Last edited by jeanie19 on June 12th, 2016, 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeanie K.
2000 Chinook Concourse
Plank flooring, Wave heater, CO cubby
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Speaking of hoses and fitting, my Chinook came with what I think was the factory optional sewer hose holder. It was a slightly light greenish/whitish tube suspended under the rear of the rig. Seemed like a great idea but it was fairly small in diameter, stuck closed, and kind of bent (not very well supported in the center). I decided to replace that under-the-rig one with something better.. Since this is a bit of a tangent, I started a new thread to detail how I improved it. You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=408
1999 Concourse