Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possible.

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Blue~Go

Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possible.

Post by Blue~Go »

I noticed some discussion elsewhere on color codes for the Concourse exterior trim striping. Since I can post photos here (love this forum's format), I thought I would post one of the Trail Wagons color code stickers that are on my '99 Concourse, which has blue trim. These don't look like the hardiest decals, and apparently they are missing or illegible on some rigs.

Perhaps folks with codes for other colors can post up as well so that this can be a good reference thread (but I didn't put it in the reference sub-forum because I didn't want to discourage active discussion - but there are good search terms so it should be findable).

Anyway, here are the original Trail Wagons stickers from my driver's side door jamb. Perhaps this will help folks to know what to look for. Below the photo I'll transcribe the text. The photo has been rotated as the stickers run "sideways" up the door jamb in real life.
Blue stripe color codes.jpg
The one on the left is a paint color of Ford 1996 Truck Indigo Blue Metallic. Data on the sticker is as follows:

TRAILWAGONS INC.
For: RO:5490*
OEM: KU
MFG.FRD /1996/TRK
DBC5110 H
INDIGO BLUE MET

The one on the right is a paint color of GM 1997 Truck Bright Blue Metallic. Data on the sticker is as follows:
TRAILWAGONS INC.
For: RO:5490
OEM: 25
MFG: GM 1997/TRK
DBC5224 H
BRIGHT BLUE MET

*I have seen this number elsewhere on my rig, although I can't remember where at the moment. Perhaps it's some kind of build number.

BG

PS: I only had so much room for text in the subject line. I wrote "Concourse" but I believe some other models also had paint (later Premiers with the swoopy scheme, plus Destiny, Glacier and others - I'm not so up on the model names of the larger ones ). The earlier Premiers and perhaps some of the other models had vinyl stickers for graphics instead of paint/clearcoat, so they wouldn't have paint codes.
1999 Concourse
Concourse

Re: Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possibl

Post by Concourse »

2004 Chinook Concourse XL example
Attachments
1chinookpaint1.jpg
DSCN2873.jpg
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

You sold it!? Aww, we were like brothers (our rigs were built pretty close together if I recall)
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Manitou wrote:You sold it!? Aww, we were like brothers (our rigs were built pretty close together if I recall)
I sold it last Fall. You must have forgotten. :lol: It was a great RV and I hated to sell it but we had done our trips and needed to move on to other things.
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

I have a 2000 Concourse with light & dark brown exterior stripes. Does anyone have the color codes as mine have been wiped out and I would like to buy some custom spray paint?
PS Just got back from a road trip to California from New Hampshire, this vehicle made my trip quite enjoyable. Much more comfortable than my last trip to Montana in a Roadtrek.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

I call my stripes teal.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Yay, more color codes. Now we have both the blue and the teal "racing stripe" livery, plus the grey-and-tan (is it tan?) Millenium paint scheme. I hope more will be added (several people hoping for the brown "racing stripe" codes... anyone have them?
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Xatlatc wrote:I call my stripes teal.
Thanks! Do you have two codes? (You posted the same one twice.). And would you have a actual photo of your stripe colors to compare with?

Interestingly, Googling around, that code 4428 is apparently commonly misnamed (because it looks metallic). So searching for it using the Chinook label "blue metallic" will fail to find much.

It is actually called "Reef Blue".

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=4428
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
SMan

Post by SMan »

Trying to upload a doc with my 2004 Premier codes
Attachments
2004 Chinook Premier.docx
(535.26 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Xatlatc wrote:I call my stripes teal.
kdarling wrote:...would you have a actual photo of your stripe colors to compare with?
There are a couple of photos in Xatlatc's Bar Harbor thread, but aren't great Chinook color shots. Here is a grainyish photo of what I would call a teal Concourse. Xatlatc, just let us know if this is or isn't your color.
rear.jpg
The interior is also teal:
saloon fwd.jpg
(Not contesting that they called it
Reef Blue -- although for our purposes "teal" is probably good since there is already another blue Concourse color.
1999 Concourse