Orange, Virginia

Travels and adventures.
Skillet

Orange, Virginia

Post by Skillet »

One of my hobbies is metal detecting for Civil War relics. A co-worker of mine has a family farm in Orange, which is an area of troop movements and battle. The farmhouse was built in the 1700's and was used at one point as a general's HQ. Her land is being leased out to cattle farmers but the house is slowly being overtaken by nature, since no one lives there. She allowed me to boondock on her property and search all I wanted. She has over a 100 acres so it's going to take me a while. I let my dogs run in one huge, fenced off cattle field while I detected. I had to bring my cordless weedeater because of the growth around the house. I ran out of line early so I stuck mainly with the one cattle field.
It's too hot to go back (I was there in May) but I will hit this place in the Fall. This place will keep me busy and it's so peaceful.
Attachments
Orange Va.jpg
Orange Va Dogs.jpg
Orange Va Night.jpg
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Re: Orange, Virginia

Post by Blue~Go »

How cool! Perfect setup since you have full permission to hang out, it's so historic, and all the space for the doggers to run. I bet you'll find all kinds of cool stuff! And even if you don't, what a great location.

I lived in the mid-Atlantic for five years. FULLY understand why you aren't going back until fall. If the humidity didn't kill you, the mosquitoes, ticks, and no-see-ums might :o But in the fall.... it should be gorgeous and pleasant.
1999 Concourse