Jack and Stand Weight Limits?

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
pushx
**Forum Contributor**

Jack and Stand Weight Limits?

Post by pushx »

I just bought an '89 Chinook and I'm learning the basics of owning my first rv. The one thing I'm unsure of is the curb weight of the vehicle. I have an old 1.5-ton trolley jack I've had for years and 2 1.5-ton jack stands. This is probably dangerous to use on the Chinook and want to get some tougher equipment. I'm thinking about getting a 3-ton jack and 4 3-ton stands. Is that sufficient? What do people use?
1989 Chinook Concourse
Tucson, AZ
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Jack and Stand Weight Limits?

Post by Scott »

I still use a floor jack and jack stands for lower vehicles, but for the Chinook, I find THESE to be super convenient. The 3 ton is plenty.
1994 Premier
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

You're probably looking at just over 10,000# gross weight. But... perhaps you are not lifting the entire Chinook all at once? The rear axle weight is likely around 7,000# and the front 3,500# (ballpark figures), if that helps.

And... welcome aboard! :D
1999 Concourse
pushx
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pushx »

Thanks for the tips! I like the look of those jack stand bottle jacks! Especially since they can probably travel with the chinook easily. And good to know people are working on there chinooks without needing expensive jacks!
1989 Chinook Concourse
Tucson, AZ