Screen door 2000 concourse

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
kdarling

Re: Screen door 2000 concourse

Post by kdarling »

Those photos make me grin from ear to ear! :D

I'm just imagining what passers-by think when they see that bright orange stick in your door.

(Is it perhaps... "Gosh, where can I get one of those?!" )
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

It really wouldn't have been the same with white or tan, would it.

Oh, did I mention it's the type of line that has reflective bits in it at night? I imagine you'd want to know :D
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

pdemarest wrote:I really like the idea of an opening window with a screen in the back door. That would address my security concerns while still allowing more air into the unit.
Ran across a vertical sliding door window replacement that people speak highly of, called EDWIN (Entry Door WINdow):
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.29 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
About $250 from places like Camping World. They also have a custom window order page at their own site: http://easyrvwindows.com/rv-entry-door.html

The first thought everyone has is, what's the point if you have to open the screen door to open the window, but that doesn't bother those who leave the ewndow open all night anyway.
jeanie19
**Forum Contributor**

Post by jeanie19 »

Here is another window upgrade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRRNQNP/re ... QzbQBK20BQ
It is a tinted window with a built-in shade on the inside. One reviewer mentioned installing it with the shade pulling up to give some privacy but still be able to see out. But the window is single pane and does not open.
Last edited by jeanie19 on September 28th, 2017, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeanie K.
2000 Chinook Concourse
Plank flooring, Wave heater, CO cubby
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Yeah, the having to open the screen door (or make a zippered panel in it? kdarling?) isn't the best feature, but it seems like it gives a lot more options that not having an operable window. And one can always leave it closed. Could be a break-in opportunity but looking at all the other window and door locks I don't see anything remotely Fort Knoxish going on anyway.
1999 Concourse
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

I like that EDWIN window - looks like this is going on the "to-do" list for winter!
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Jeanie, good find on the shade.

As for any of these, yeah, we need something clever if we don't want to have to open both doors to reach a mod'd window. Super magnets? Put the top screen section on its own hinges? Hmm... maybe I'll build a test screen door from scratch or from a used one.

Also, does anyone know what they base their dimensions on? My visible glass is smaller, so are they perhaps using the trim dimensions? Or that of the actual door cutout, maybe?

Or all RV door windows a standard size.
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

My problem is the small, vertical magnets on the screen door that hold the screen door to the coach. They've disappeared. Does anyone know where to get replacements?
Beaver
'98 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Beaver,

Since you have a '98, I bet you have the same magnets as on my '99. The ones that hold my door to the coach are two vertical lines. I have not replaced them and don't know a source (at the moment), but at least I could have a look at mine (and perhaps post a photo). I'm thinking if yours are missing you may not even know exactly what you're looking for (?). It's dark now, but let me know if you do need to see what they look like, ok? (I don't know if you maybe have photos of them from before they disappeared or not....)
1999 Concourse
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

You're right, Blue, I don't know what I'm looking for. I recently had the door re-screened and the magnets may have fallen off then. I'm not sure if the door maker would have replacement parts, nor do I know who made our screen doors. Your help is always appreciated.
Beaver
'98 Concourse