bolts and screws

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

bolts and screws

Post by chin_k »

Anyone know where I can get those Robertson screws (square drive)? I see tons of them in Canada when I was up there in my Chinook a few weeks ago, but here in California, they are very limited in selection. I went to several woodworking shop and lumberyard, but none of them match what I need to replace some rusted ones.

Another question is the bolts for the jackknife sofa. The ones away from the corners of the seat (that is, two that are near the middle of the bench) is missing, and I found three bolts near the water tank that matches the thread (previous owner(s) hired great mechanics, you know :roll: ). I think I know which one to use, but there is only one piece like it there. It is a 3/4 long bolt with half shoulder. So where can I order/buy the second one? I went to Ace Hardware, OSH, Lowes, and HD, but none of them have anything like that.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: bolts and screws

Post by HoosierB »

chin_k wrote:Anyone know where I can get those Robertson screws (square drive)? I see tons of them in Canada when I was up there in my Chinook a few weeks ago, but here in California, they are very limited in selection. I went to several woodworking shop and lumberyard, but none of them match what I need to replace some rusted ones.
One of several on-line sources:

http://www.rockler.com/robertson-square ... gJxxfD_BwE
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Just about any fastener you could ever need:

https://www.mcmaster.com/

I can't tell from your description, but I'm guessing you're looking for a shoulder bolt.
1994 Premier
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I'll second Mcmaster-Carr. I buy almost all my fasteners there. Easy to see what you are getting (if you click on a part number as if you were going to order it, there will be a link to a detailed drawing of it), a good selection of metal/alloy choices, and you get them in a nice little box (usually) that you can mark and save. After dozens of futile forays, I have given up on looking locally unless I just have to have something that "will do for now" right away.

They also have millions of other things! I could shop all day (and I hate shopping) :) Oh, and best of all, a great online interface that makes it easy.
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Have not used McMaster for a while, and completely forget about it. I will stop by Rockler on the way home tonight. Have some other things to look there for a cabinet project.

Scott, yes, I think it is called a shoulder bolt. Is there two that holds the jackknife sofa onto the frame? There are two more common bolts that connect the bench portion to the frame.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

chin_k wrote: Scott, yes, I think it is called a shoulder bolt. Is there two that holds the jackknife sofa onto the frame? There are two more common bolts that connect the bench portion to the frame.
Sorry chin I can't help with that one; I don't have a sofa. I just made the assumption that you need a new hinge pin, so a good, hard shoulder bolt would be what I'd use.
1994 Premier