Winterizing question

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Winterizing question

Post by Scott »

Here's a simple fitting (I think this is what BG mentioned a few posts ago). I've never used one and can't vouch, but it has 5 stars and is straightforward. One end on your city fill, other end directly to the compressor. I would probably use this, then shop vac the traps, and maybe put an extra generous slathering of plumber's grease on the toilet seal to keep it soft.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-Bras ... stem+flush
Attachments
flush.jpg
1994 Premier
SMan

Post by SMan »

Scott wrote:Here's a simple fitting (I think this is what BG mentioned a few posts ago). I've never used one and can't vouch, but it has 5 stars and is straightforward. One end on your city fill, other end directly to the compressor. I would probably use this, then shop vac the traps, and maybe put an extra generous slathering of plumber's grease on the toilet seal to keep it soft.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-Bras ... stem+flush
Thats the fitting I have. Works great. (Had a cheap plastic one but gave it the heave.)
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

When using the compressor to blow out the system, how high do you set the pressure?
SMan

Post by SMan »

Jermanitor wrote:When using the compressor to blow out the system, how high do you set the pressure?
If you use the pictured fitting designed for RV's note the small air opening used to restrict air flow. It works as a built in regulator. My compressor usually is at 90 psi and I have never hurt a pipe. I do always have at least one faucet or drain valve/petcock open at any given time as well. I never try to "pressurize" the pipes.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

Thanks for your info. It's real helpful. :D
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

Hey S Man

Thanks for your advice. I've been paying someone to winterize my coach all these years. I can't believe that it is so easy.
1. Drain the hot water tank and turn the by pass valves in the opposite direction. ( 2 valves)
2. Hook up the compressor leaving 1 handle open so that I don't pressurize the pipes.
3. Make sure that anything that has water is drained (all that comes out is air)
4. Use a gallon of RV anti freeze for the traps & toilet.

Did I forget anything?

Again many thanks!
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Jermanitor wrote:When using the compressor to blow out the system, how high do you set the pressure?
The adapter is supposed to restrict it, but in general I've read that the RV limit is 50 pounds pressure.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

I agree. I set my compressor to 45lbs and still kept one petcock open.