Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possible.

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
kdarling

Re: Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possibl

Post by kdarling »

Skillet wrote:I have the dark brown/light brown combo on my '02 Concourse. Looks like they call it mocha.
Is yours the Millenium theme? Or racing stripes?
windswept wrote:The pPg color chips on the internet look much bluer as my rig has a nice green hue.
Thanks for posting. That teal is neat, sometimes looking blue, sometimes quite green to the point that I was sure it was a different color than the teal. Guess not!

-
Soon I plan to create an easier to read reference section collection with all the colors and contributor names so far, with pics and color chips.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
windswept

Post by windswept »

kdarling wrote:
Skillet wrote:I have the dark brown/light brown combo on my '02 Concourse. Looks like they call it mocha.
windswept wrote:The pPg color chips on the internet look much bluer as my rig has a nice green hue.
Thanks for posting. That teal is neat, sometimes looking blue, sometimes quite green to the point that I was sure it was a different color than the teal. Guess not!

-
Soon I plan to create an easier to read reference section collection with all the colors and contributor names so far, with pics and color chips.
Good job on this project, Ken! This will be a fun reference.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

kdarling wrote: Soon I plan to create an easier to read reference section collection with all the colors and contributor names so far, with pics and color chips.
Are you planning to put it in this thread? I think that would be nice since otherwise there would be two similar ones.

If you are, and if you'd like it in the first post, I could put it at the very beginning of my first post in this thread (I started it so I'm the first poster). I agree it would be nice to have a concise summary. If it were at the very beginning here then people could easily choose to read on if they felt like it. And if people add more info at the end via new posts, we could always adjust the summary at the beginning.

That all said, I suppose I could collate the info too. But it sounds like you have a plan. And I'm not very experienced with tables and that sort of thing. I could just make a basic summary though. Let me know your thoughts?

BG

PS: Just realized this isn't IN the reference section. I think that's because there wasn't one when I posted this and I didn't request one until later. Maybe we move this to the reference section, plus maintain the first post as a summary post?
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Blue~Go wrote:PS: Just realized this isn't IN the reference section. I think that's because there wasn't one when I posted this and I didn't request one until later. Maybe we move this to the reference section, plus maintain the first post as a summary post?
Would work, except for the three photo limit per post :?

Also, dunno about other people, but personally I prefer that the Reference section itself not have any discussion, or very little except corrections or additions. Discussion referring back to the reference material topics should be in the specific boards for each material's topic (electronics, body, motor, etc).

For example, we wouldn't want all discussions that talk about the Solar Controller to be in the Reference section under the Controller manual.

Thus I had planned to do like we usually do, and create a static thread in the Reference section with one post per color combo, with links pointing back to this one for any discussion.

So if people come up with more colors, they can post them here, and then they can be added to library as well in the same easy-to-read format as the others. Thoughts from anyone?

I've done a lot of work tracking down color chips, btw. I plan to not only give the codes, but examples of the color chips and of a Chinook using them. Here's a chip combo sample I made that YOU should like:
blue.png
Last edited by kdarling on November 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I see your point. I think one reason it happened this way is that there was no reference section when I posted. So I didn't have a choice; the best I could do was to name it in a referencey sort of way. Maybe if you make your reference thread I'll rename this one, and make it clear in the first post that it's now only for "chat" and no longer for reference. Otherwise we'll get stuff scattered between them.
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

kdarling wrote:
Until I had it repainted, it was the racing stripes.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
bolerama

Re: Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possible.

Post by bolerama »

We have a 2002 Destiny (grey stripes). Only one of the paint codes is visible (Light Opal Poly 4837, Ford WM).
Destiny Light Opal.jpg
The other is not readable.

I would like to verify the other code. From other posts, I assume the darker color is Medium Opal, Ford WD, 4653. Can someone please verify?

Here is a code list I found online and I marked the 2 that I think are for my Destiny.
Chinook Paint Codes.png
Can someone please respond if the codes are correct? Our Destiny was recently hit and I need the codes for the body shop.

Also, is there a specific code for the white gel coat?
2002 Chinook Destiny
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud (full-time home) https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2008 Airstream International CCD --"Atomic Pod" (gone to a new home)
1973 boler (13' fiberglass egg) --"The Boiler" (gone to a new home)