vinyl flooring

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Re: vinyl flooring

Post by pdemarest »

Hi Aikensb - Dynamat is a sound and heat insulating product that has foil over a layer of what appears to be rubber and is a peel-n-stick product. I had my engine doghouse and cab lined with it when they installed new carpet and am going to use it to quiet down the generator box (hopefully). Its not cheap but it is very effective in reducing noise.
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
Aikensb

Post by Aikensb »

Thanks, good to know about this product!
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Hum, so the wood floor in mine is not original? We love the ease of cleaning it.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I can't think of a single Chinook (at least the 21-footers) that came with a wood floor. Most were 100% carpet, and some later ones had an optional tile floor section in the kitchen/entry (but still carpet in the living area). May be different for the newer models with slides and etc. -- I'm not as familiar with those.
1999 Concourse
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

I thought our floor was origional
Attachments
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2630.JPG
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Looks great. But I don't think it is original. That's not a bad thing though!

(If you want to see the original flooring, you can try looking at the tops of the wheelwells or underneath the shower pan. Places like that. Maybe someone would re-floor the tops of the wheelwells, but few would remove the shower enclosure. Basically, the whole (empty) flat floor was "floored" before the shower enclosure or any of the cabinetry went in. Typically, too, the cab carpet matches (was done by Chinook not Ford).
1999 Concourse