toilet paper unrolls while traveling

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

toilet paper unrolls while traveling

Post by Flame »

Kinda funny note...Twice this weekend on a trip we had a toilet paper holder mounted on the inside door of the shower stall with a full roll of paper on it. Twice after stopping we noticed from travelling and vibration I guess,over half the paper roll had unrolled itself and was in a neat pile on the floor of the bathroom!!! Our solution I believe is either don't put it on that roll holder or place a small bungee cord or maybe a Velcro strap around it while travelling!! Small problem to have but hard to "reroll" toilet paper Ha!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Re: toilet paper unrolls while traveling

Post by deppstein »

Flame...our 2004 Premier came equipped with a "wet shower" toilet paper holder that has a sliding cover to go over the roll. This is to protect the toilet paper from getting wet when using the bathroom as a shower, but it also serves to keep the roll in place while traveling. You can google for such devices...they come in all sorts of styles (both flush mounted and recessed).

David
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Kirah »

Interesting. I've always used that roll holder, but never had that problem. Maybe it's because I use really cheap-o paper :lol:

Maybe a piece of non-skid lining attached to the back of the indentation that the roll sits in? Might be just enough friction to prevent the unwinding without causing problems pulling it off when you want to.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted:
Colorider

Post by Colorider »

SUPER ANNOYING!

I have that exact same problem. It unrolls every time we go somewhere. I've done the bungee cord thing and it works. I've been meaning to get one of the toilet paper holders with the cover, but I keep forgetting until we're on the road.

Like this one:
http://a.co/1VhPe0X
"Harvey the RV" - 1994 Chinook Premier, Dinette, 7.5L V8
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

They don't come super cheap, but the inset, covered toilet paper holder that is on the later models is available to buy. It's a marine product. I bought one but haven't yet installed it (because I do like even that little bit of extra space in the tire locker!).

It's the "Oceanair Marine Dryroll" and you can get it at several marine chandleries or, I guess now even on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Oceanair-Marine- ... B01DC9IJAI

Here is where Chinook mounted it, for one option (on the left of the sink just below it). This is one of the late model "dark" bathrooms so it shows up well:

(On my era Concourse it was just a regular toilet paper holder attached to the inside of the bathroom door.)
bathroom in 2005 with tp holder.jpg
1999 Concourse
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

I have the same problem with the paper towel roll. Finally went to wrapping it in a bungee cord to keep it from unrolling.
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Blue, do you have the link to the toilet paper holder? The one on the door keep getting in my way, and I want to relocate it. Thanx.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I put the Amazon link in my post above - does it not show up for you?

If not, you could go to Amazon and search for "Oceanair Marine Dryroll." Or, if you prefer, someplace like fisheriessupply.com, defender.com, or other marine chandlery. If you can't find it one of those ways, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

As I said, it's not cheap, but it is pretty nice for our bathroom setup, and I believe it's the exact product Chinook used in the later models.
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Sorry blue. My eyes are getting old :) Thank you for the link and info! :D
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
b6fischer

Post by b6fischer »

Option: We mount ours higher and in the sink inset area of the bathroom (Wall across from closet). This area gets hit with little water when showering and we don't even need a cover. Up there a surface mount cover can be used. The location is an easy reach for us.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sail-sys ... 05EALw_wcB
1997 Chinook Concourse, over 200,000 Miles