What king of tow truck for Chinook?

Anything that goes behind your Chinook, flat, trailer, toys.
Blue~Go

Re: What king of tow truck for Chinook?

Post by Blue~Go »

That's it exactly. Blue Bird make tons of school busses. Wanderlodge was their "factory" RV division. Super tough, super long-lasting, and super cool, but.... some parts look pretty complex to me. Maybe it's all easily worked on, but this type of thing makes my eyes pop (1984 Wanderlodge dash):
1984 wanderlodge dash.jpg
I still think they'd be so much more rugged than your typical Class A. But as time goes by I tend to want things simpler, not more complex (or maybe so new that you have a ten-year grace period even if it's more complicated such as a new Transit van).
1999 Concourse
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Re: What king of tow truck for Chinook?

Post by Kirah »

Blue~Go wrote: July 9th, 2018, 9:02 am PS: Wanderlodge (Blue Bird factory motorhome conversion). Is that not the coolest Class A ever?! (But, ha, there is more complication just in the instrument panel than there is in my entire Chinook.) Still though.... swoon!
omg, the instrument panel was like an airplane cockpit! I mean, it had an altimeter. Who needs an altimeter on a camper???

And the thing was amazingly solid. I mean, sure, it only got about a mile to the gallon, but it was a seriously cool rig, and crammed full of every 80s luxury you could imagine. I was especially a fan of the party lights around the window frames and the horn that played musical tunes.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted: