stripe and exterior paint

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
retiredtim

Re: stripe and exterior paint

Post by retiredtim »

Has anyone tried to use a vinyl strip for the center stripe (2000 Concourse)? Looks like you can purchase a 5" - 50' roll for around $100. Not sure I can get a color match since my color is worn off.
rgmullins

Post by rgmullins »

I repainted my stripes. I had to do some repair work in the rear corner and when I repainted there it made the rest of the faded stripes look REALLY bad. It was easy but tedious masking all the stripes but, wow, what a difference! Just repainting the stripes changed the appearance of the RV from tired to very nice. I've had a few people ask me if it was the same camper...
Rick
Cincinnati, Oh
98 Concourse
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Rick,
Thanks for the reply. I thought about painting but haven't been able to come up with a paint number. Only thing I can read on the sticker is PPG.
Attachments
P7030597.JPG
P7030596.JPG
P6270584.JPG
rgmullins

Post by rgmullins »

Chinook Color Code 2002.jpg
Mine is the same color. I got the codes from another thread on this site. Here's the codes!
Rick
Cincinnati, Oh
98 Concourse
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

thank you, Rick. I've been looking for awhile for those numbers.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Hi Tim,

I went and looked in the paint code thread (after reading this thread yesterday), but I thought you said those "brown" codes weren't for your year browns. Or am I mistaken? Would be nice to clear that up in the other thread for future reference.
1999 Concourse
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

When I looked for the paint, it didn't look like it matched. The closes number I can come up with to purchase is DBC 4282 SHUS 52939 which is for a 1966 Ford. PaintScratch is testing to see if DBC 4282 SC is the same. They said it could take up to a week. I'll post the results once I get them.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I was going to say, well, mine were for older models too. I think one was a 96 Ford color and the other was an early 90's Chev truck color. But then I looked closer and saw you didn't write 1996 but rather 1966. Okay, that does seem a bit unlikely.
1999 Concourse
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

retiredtim wrote: July 5th, 2018, 10:44 am When I looked for the paint, it didn't look like it matched. The closes number I can come up with to purchase is DBC 4282 SHUS 52939 which is for a 1966 Ford. PaintScratch is testing to see if DBC 4282 SC is the same. They said it could take up to a week. I'll post the results once I get them.
A likely match is Ford Color Number M6465, which is Mocha Frost used for Fords during 1991 to 1999. Here is a cross reference link:

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedi ... =1&rows=50

Clay
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Thanks for everyone's help on this one. I finally think I'm on the right track just need to determine who to purchase from and the incentive (balls) to tackle this as I haven't attempted to paint a vehicle before.