2000 Concourse Decal Template for Restoration (Gold/Dark)

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
voigtz

2000 Concourse Decal Template for Restoration (Gold/Dark)

Post by voigtz »

Hello Everyone,

I am in search of a vectored template for the decal graphics on the 2000 model concourse (illustrator file?).

Does anyone know where I can find this or something similar? I really want to stay away from hand measuring the existing decals dimensions and curves...

I plan to use painted vinyl to replace some fading portions of the factory painted decals.

Thank you!
kdarling

Re: 2000 Concourse Decal Template for Restoration (Gold/Dark)

Post by kdarling »

Dunno if it'll work for your 2000, but I sanded down my old letters and created the SVG file for vinyl that you'll find near the end of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=825
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
voigtz

Post by voigtz »

That helps for the logo letters. I am also replacing some of the stripes now and eventually (hopefully), all the stripes in the future.

If you or anyone else has access to the file or knows where/how to get it, please let me know!

Thank you!
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

With the exception of the Premier, none of the graphics on our style Chinooks are decals.

It's all automotive paint covered with clear coat.

The paint codes are on two paper stickers in the driver's door jamb, if they're still there after all these years.

If you're brown color, then the original Ford codes are:
Brown stripes Ford color codes
Brown stripes Ford color codes
You can find touch up paint on Amazon using those, or give them to a paint shop.

Kevin
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
voigtz

Post by voigtz »

Thank you!
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

I bought those paints from Amazon. Didn't seem to match. Went to local automotive store. They have a machine that they put right on the vehicle for a more exact match. Cost around $30 a can for a 1 step ( included clear coat in the paint). Came out really good. I'd send pictures but chinook is now under cover with snow on it.
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Kirah »

FWIW, Sunday when I was unhooking, the light was pretty flat so I took a photo of the mountain-and-trees decal on my Premier, with the intention of converting it to vector shapes so I can put it back on when/if I ever get around to peeling off the old stuff. I hadn't planned to do anything with the stripes, just the "picture" part. If that's part of what you need, I may have SVGs for it this weekend. It's going to take a little fiddling with Paint and Inkscape.

SVGs could also be used in inverse to cut stencils if you prefer to paint something on.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted: