Any 2019 projects planned....

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Any 2019 projects planned....

Post by 68camaro »

Thought I start a thread about hopes and dreams about 2019 projects to our beloved rigs.....

Early January I have date to get new batteries, power center, battery monitor and solar monitor installed, items purchased just waiting for install. Plus converting a couple lights to LED.

On agenda:
add extra solar capability;
new front bumper and winch.
Bumper is narrowed down to custom bumper I saw at Overland Expo, builder had health issue and the earliest he is starting again is late January.
Runner up option is https://www.movebumpers.com/gallery/for ... /1992-2007. Need to get specs but I like smaller profile.
Replace kitchen faucet, have parts just need time.
Fix awning, have parts from Fiamma, just need time.

Outside of this I think I am all set for awhile, now big 2019 goal is one weekend fishing trip a month:)
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Any 2019 projects planned....

Post by Scott »

A partial list:

Run the brake light wire from the foot well to the tail lights so the brake lights will be independent of the turn signals

I don't have simulators so I need to paint the rusty hubs and install chrome lug nuts (actual nuts)

Blank off the upper fridge vent

Install a relay for the AC fridge to switch from shore to inverter automatically

Replace the crazed (yes, cast acrylic) skylight with tempered glass or maybe again with an acrylic with a UV blocker

Urgently figure out why the brand new gray valve drips. What an embarrassment; thankfully the dump cap is water tight.

Finally decide on a new kitchen sink and faucet, then eventually buy them in 5 or 6 years

Install ARB air locker

Install front hitch, then buy a hitch mounted winch (or not)

Buff and wax (ugh). Wish I could find an eager high school kid but I guess they've gone extinct in this area

Figure out why the motion sensor in my porch light can't sense motion

Re-caulk the joint between the over cab and the cab roof (looking at crusty dead bugs on old cracked caulk is about as pleasant as eating peanuts with gum)

Camping takes priority over all of those things except the gray valve, and other things will certainly pop up, and the actual list is about twice as long, so we'll see.

Happy new year to all 8-)
1994 Premier
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Scott wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:00 pm Urgently figure out why the brand new gray valve drips. What an embarrassment; thankfully the dump cap is water tight.
I replaced both dump valves, with the same model as the originals, soon after buying the Chinook (just because the tanks were dry and unused so why not then). I found that I had to tighten the grey valve quite a bit more than the black valve to keep that same thing from happening --- not sure why. So in other words the black valve can be opened just about with your pinky and yet doesn't leak; the grey valve is much harder to open -- doesn't leak but is more of a pain to open and close. This is mildly annoying and I'm not sure why it is that way. Everything was new and nothing looked off kilter/broken/misshapen.
Scott wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:00 pmFinally decide on a new kitchen sink and faucet, then eventually buy them in 5 or 6 years
:lol:
1999 Concourse
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Scott wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:00 pm
Install ARB air locker

Definitely waiting to see how locker works out? Are you looking at air or electric?

As for hitch mounted winch, where do you plan to keep it and isn't it a bit heavy to be moving around?
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Blue~Go wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:43 pm I found that I had to tighten the grey valve quite a bit more than the black valve to keep that same thing from happening --- not sure why.
I'll reluctantly try that. It's so buttery smooth right now, I don't want to touch it. I mean c'mon it's just a couple buna-n seals on an ABS blade! Very little compressive force should be require to seal it, so I'm baffled. Maybe the flanges aren't flat enough. When I took out the old one, there was sand in the seal groove, so I might be getting grit down the shower drain (swim trunks, beach towels, etc.).

Oh by the way, no fair. I'm sure we're all interested in seeing your project list ... :P
1994 Premier
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

68camaro wrote: December 29th, 2018, 3:19 pm
Scott wrote: December 29th, 2018, 12:00 pm
Install ARB air locker

Definitely waiting to see how locker works out? Are you looking at air or electric?

As for hitch mounted winch, where do you plan to keep it and isn't it a bit heavy to be moving around?
Yeah, that makes two of us :). What do you suggest? I was thinking air because that's what I know, but electric has its appeal, too. I'm going to have to look a little deeper before committing, especially since the rig will be non-op for an extended period. I'll probably do it mid summer. I'll post when/if something materializes.

Winch storage is TBD. They're not terribly bad weight-wise with synthetic rope, despite its disadvantages. I just imagine such infrequent use that I don't need it permanently mounted, but when I need it, I'll really need it, or someone else will. Always nice to be able to run it from the front or rear ... 8-). Honestly, it'll probably be much like my generator: collecting dust in my shed.
1994 Premier
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Wax? Buff? Heck to the no. Too much work :D

Zep it!

(Yeah, okay, cleaning first is a pain, but...)

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Why does my "list" get longer?

Done:
Full-body paint
A complete “peel & seal” roof treatment
All cabinet door gas struts replaced
New interior LED light fixtures throughout
New Fantastic Fans
New water pump
New bath fixtures (plastic med cabinet, Oxygenics Body Spa shower head, faucet)
Sunforce controller for house batteries
AGM Group 65 engine battery
Progressive Dynamics power distribution unit
Progressive Industries EMS (hardwired)
SmartPlug cordset and inlet connector
New AGM Duracell marine group 31 house batteries (2), new cables
LPG tank: inspected, painted. New remote quick-connect for outside gas grill hookup
Water heater inspected, new anode tube
New OEM molded carpet in cab
Exterior lights upgrade to LED
New Onan 4.0kw Generator
MorRyde suspension rebuild
New brakes/calipers
New shocks, stabilizers
6 new Firestone tires (motorhome rated)

To Do in 2019:
Finish galley remodel (cabinets/Corian countertop)
Install new Vitrifrigo AC/DC (marine) refrigerator/freezer
Install new SMEV (Dometic) 2 burner stainless steel recessed cooktop with glass lid/cover
Install new 900w Haier microwave
Remove old OEM house carpet, install cushion back carpet tiles
Install Garmin RV GPS
TadiBrothers rearview camera with 9” mirror monitor
Flat screen TV slide-out mod for cabover cabinet
Upgrade to 200w Renogy Solar
TPMS
Flexsteel jack-knife sofa replacement (?)
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
dougm

Post by dougm »

New front AirRide Seats
Custom Rear Bumper - (I had a guy lined up to build it last summer for $1500 but he wanted money up front and he hadnt even seen the truck yet so i told him to jump in a lake)
Redo interior cabinets and walls with actual wood versus MDF crap.