Saw a twin to mine only 6 miles from home!!!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Saw a twin to mine only 6 miles from home!!!

Post by Flame »

My 1998 concourse is gray and white. We are in deep east Texas and have owned it for about a year. We have put near 25,000 miles on it in just one year driving all over the US and have NEVER seen another Chinook period!! Of any year make or model. Until today...What are the odds that ONLY 6 miles from my house we come across another chinook FOR SALE. Now it gets freakier... It is a 1998 model concourse in gray and white EXACTLY like ours and in perfect condition!!! Sooooo if anyone is looking for one Let me know. I am driving mine over there tomorrow to take advantage of a VERY RARE photo op of Twin 98's sitting side by side!! It is even a CLUB like ours and not a dinette. How cool is that. They are asking $27,000 with about 100,000 miles but rumor has it they will take much less!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Saw a twin to mine only 6 miles from home!!!

Post by chin_k »

If I were you, I would make sure it is not someone who stole your rig, and try to sell it as their own! Are you sure your Chinook is still on your driveway? :lol:
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

I'm sure..Hah! I'm actually excited to drive over there tomorrow. My best friend took pictures of it today and told me about it and I called the man selling it and then he has called me 3 times asking questions about it because he is selling it for a elderly lady whose husband passed away and he didn't know much about it. I texted him pictures of mine and I am going to see it with my own eyes tomorrow around noon and to take a bunch of pictures!! Later, if anyone is interested in buying it I can text photos to them by my phone.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

One time I got lost in a parking lot, and get into a van, and was about to drive away, then I realized it is a smoker's van. It was someone else's, and have the same make, model, and color, and the freaky thing is that the key worked on the door! :o

Make sure you don't drive off the lady's rig by mistake ;)
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Wow, the key fit the door!! That's crazy. Just curious...did the key fit the ignition? Did you try to crank it? A few years back on my 20 foot Skeeter bass boat by chance my partner tried HIS keys from his boat and he opened every storage locker on my boat with them!! So much for security!! And his boat wasn't even a Skeeter!!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

For the storage locker, it is possible that even boats use the common CH751 key. I think your key will work on the outside utility doors of the twin too.

I did not try the ignition, because the tobacco smell is one of the odors I can't stand, and I just want to get out of there. But the key for the door should be pretty difficult to match among the different VIN, I hope. Most locksmith can open the door in seconds anyway, so that is not secure anyway.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Well I just got back from seeing my twin land shark! It is VERY NICE and has a few upgrades I don't have. Someone installed a very nice and comfortable set of leather front bucket seats. Installed a backup camera and a big round dome on top that looks to be maybe a satellite antenna? I'm not sure what it is. The date on the door sticker says June,1998 and the title reads 1999 model. I took lots of pictures of the two twins together and individual pictures of the one for sale. Anyone interested in purchasing let me know. We are in east Texas near the Louisiana border. 98,000 miles I believe. Painted stripes still look perfect like on mine and generator ran good. Does have a crack in the windshield and it will be needing tires soon.It has a decal on each front fender that says Triton V-10 Banks Power. What is Banks Power? Mine just says Triton V-10.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Banks Power is usually for diesel, but I guess they also for gas engine. It is a programmer that suppose to increase the performance of the engine.
SMan

Post by SMan »

Banks also does exhaust packages popular with motorhomes.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I have a friend who had Banks Power done to his V10 gas E-450 motorhome. It consisted of exhaust manifolds and some chipping, I believe. I'm sure some people love it but he said he wouldn't do it again, as he didn't really notice that much benefit (maybe others do though). What I noticed is that he couldn't quietly slip into a camping area at night like I can (relatively). You could hear him coming from a distance (rumble of power I guess). I prefer the RV quieter for various situations. (It was not that noticeable in the driver's seat though.)

It would solve the problem of rotting exhaust manifold bolts, but then you could also just replace the bolts.
1999 Concourse