Locking clips (?) on back of top half of dinette seat

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
Fjb

Locking clips (?) on back of top half of dinette seat

Post by Fjb »

On passenger side in 2001 Chinook Concourse. It allows the top half of the seat to fold down toward the seat - but what is the purpose of this?
Thanks!
Rokrover

Re: Locking clips (?) on back of top half of dinette seat

Post by Rokrover »

If you mean the front dinette seat, it’s top folds down to allow less restricted air flow to the furnace that has inlet/outlet air registers down there. Then you get a slightly improved air balance for more efficient operation.
Ted C. / SW Arizona
"The Blue Chook" 2002 Concourse Owner: 2013-2019
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I don't have a dinette model but I always thought it folded down to allow the passenger seat more movement (maybe it does both).
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I have a dinette, but i'm completely lost about this fold down thing. Any pics or diagram?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

chin_k wrote: May 28th, 2019, 2:12 pm I have a dinette, but i'm completely lost about this fold down thing. Any pics or diagram?
My 01 concourse does this. On the dinette setup the dinette seat back that faces the backside of the front passenger seat is hinged and it folds down over the bottom seat of the dinette bench. Mine has buckles to hold it in the upright position. I have wondered why is does this myself.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Basically allows additional room for the passenger seat to lean back without restriction from the dinette seat.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

chin_k wrote: May 28th, 2019, 2:12 pm I have a dinette, but i'm completely lost about this fold down thing. Any pics or diagram?
When I was Chinook shopping I looked at a few dinette models. IIRC, some didn't have the feature and I assumed it was something they added as years went by. (That said I can't remember which years, because I really wanted a club lounge so only looked at a couple of dinettes when I thought I would never find a CL.)

As I remember it there were a couple of latches on the back (i.e. facing the cab) of the forward dinette backrest. You could unlatch them and the backrest would fold toward the table so you could more freely adjust the cab/passenger seat. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm remembering wrong.)
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Mine is one of the older 2000 before Trail Wagon consolidated the service access. The gas, water, and electric are separate. It does not have the fold down feature. Maybe the newer 2000 Concourse that has the plastic bumpers and one service access have this feature?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Chin, I have a 2000 with the plastic bumper, but the gas, water, and electric are separate, not consolidated into one service access.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
btexpress

Post by btexpress »

Wow, I thought I was being innovative when I decided to make the passenger side BOOTH seat fold down out of the way for more front seat passenger side comfort. If anyone has that factory setup they can take a picture of I would like to see how it was secured on the isle side to bring it back to the upright position. Everything else was pretty straight forward for me.
Thanks,
BT