Anyone use their generator often?

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Anyone use their generator often?

Post by chin_k »

OK, 68camaro, I think this thread should not be in the Around the Campfire, but we can make sure it stays here by giving you completely irrelevant comments from now on ;)
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Jlfchinook wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 6:35 pm Generator has a breaker on side of it. It is real easy to bump it to off position, I would check this first.
Winner winner chicken dinner.....yup, I didn’t realize it but there is a on/off switch under carb to left of oil fill cap. When I filled with oil some spilled and in cleaning it I must have hit switch to off position. All is good and thank you.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Just imagine what the service charge would have been for that!! This forum is GREAT!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Flame wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 2:14 pm Just imagine what the service charge would have been for that!! This forum is GREAT!!
Since this is Around the Campfire, let me tell you a short story. 20 yrs ago, I usually was the first one getting to the parking garage at work in the early morning.. The roll-up gate is closed for security reason, so I had to use my badge to get it opened after I pull my car right in front of it. On that morning, I did my usual thing, but after the gate was opened, I found that I locked the driver door when I flipped the door lock as I got out to the batch reader. At any rate, after an hour, I finally got a locksmith to show up, and there were about a dozen of my co-workers who were standing around because they not able to get in because my car was blocking the entrance. So the locksmith walked to the passenger side, and opened the door, and say, "oh, it was unlocked all these time?" Anyway, he still charge me $50, but I got harassed for the whole week for being clumpy.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

chin_k wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 7:55 pmSo the locksmith walked to the passenger side, and opened the door, and say, "oh, it was unlocked all these time?"
Classic :mrgreen:
1999 Concourse
dougm

Post by dougm »

I use mine every summer. Mostly i use it to run the AC for the dogs. Last summer i drove to a lake 300 miles away and it was really hot. I fired up the generator to start the AC so the dogs could cool down because you can only do so much baby sitting of two dogs in the water.
The temperature outside was in the 90's and the humidity was terrible but the Generator would not stay running for more than 5 minutes.
I tried everything, couldnt figure out what was going on, it just wouldnt stay running. I finally loaded the dogs and headed home because it was just to miserable. Hasnt done it again since. :evil:
SMan

Post by SMan »

FWIW my replacement Onan carb from Amazon has an altitude adjustment on it. It seems to be "position sensitive". One tweak of it down to lowest altitude and mine has run flawlessly for a couple years.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
royalabran

Post by royalabran »

I have run a Honda suitcase so that my wife and daughter could have an electric blanket on all night.

camping in Alaska!
2004 Chinook Destiny 6.0L Vortec Chevrolet
Fairbanks, Alaska