Looking for a pass-through, grommet thingie as used on original construction.

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Looking for a pass-through, grommet thingie as used on original construction.

Post by Blue~Go »

I've got a mystery to solve here, in case anyone can help.

I am looking for some of the white, plastic "grommets" used originally in my Concourse where various wires, pipes, and tubes go through the floor and other places. There are many of them in various sizes. They are white plastic and have a thin flange that's maybe 2" in outside diameter, and sits on the floor (or whatever) and is held in place with a couple of screws. Then there is a tube coming off the underside of the flange that goes through the hole in the floor and lines it (so it's nice and smooth). The tube is around 1-1/2" long. Diameters vary, and they were used for propane lines, PEX plumbing tube, wire bundles, etc. Caulk was put in to fill the space between wire/pipe/tube and liner. Right now I want one around 1" ID (running a new duplex wire for the fridge), but if I could find them I'd buy a selection.

I have searched grommet, pass-through, feed through, bushing, and on and on! Haven't seen them yet. They were obviously ubiquitous and probably cheap but they are so practical. If I could just find them!

Anyone else found a name or source?

Let me see if I can find a photo of one... Okay, here are two that are used for the two propane lines that come in behind the stove. They normally sit with the flange on the floor - I had these pulled up during a project. There are larger ones in other locations.

Thanks,
BG
Thingies.jpg
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Re: Looking for a pass-through, grommet thingie as used on original construction.

Post by Blue~Go »

Well guess what? Making the post lead me to a good possibility. I remembered I had saved a couple from things I'd removed. One had no markings, but the other one had a part number (LPC 509-3) that brought me to LaVanture products, and they have them, with dimensions and part numbers in their catalog. Now I can try to find some. Yay!

FYI they are called "plastic grommets" and here is an image of the page. I'm going to look for a (some) LPC509-3 or -5. If I have to buy a thousand I'll have a few extra :D

(Clicking may enlarge)
LaVanture grommet.png
1999 Concourse
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Looking for a pass-through, grommet thingie as used on original construction.

Post by Flame »

Dang Blue, you keep answering your own questions! Seriously though, take the info you have found and plug it in to e-bay and see what you come up with. It might surprise you. Maybe you won't have to buy a thousand!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Flame wrote: June 5th, 2020, 3:08 am Maybe you won't have to buy a thousand!
For some electronics and hardware parts, the volume discount can be substantial. I once ordered 1000 because it is cheaper than 16 that I needed, because the seller charge a "small quality fee" on top of no volume discount.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis