Sienna Seats in Chinook

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
dougm

Re: Sienna Seats in Chinook

Post by dougm »

Last edited by dougm on November 22nd, 2020, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The install is one of the most complex process I ever see, and this is one of the rare occasions that a video is more appropriate. There will not be a lot of audiences, and it is a lot of work to put a video together, so I don't know if anyone would want to do that. I think the photographs that you post to document the process is invaluable already. Thank you for sharing with us.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

A video is just to much work when your trying to address each step of this process. The video would be an hour long before you were finished. If a guy has a pair of these seats in front of him and he studies them for a minute or two this all makes sense. Its the unkown issues such as the rear latch bolts that will snap off if you try to reuse them, or hidden screws that could result in broken side panels, ect... that people usually figure out the hard way unless someone alerts them in advance. It all seems a bit overwhelming at first glance, but its not really all that complicated, just alot of little things to watch for. :shock:
dougm

Post by dougm »

Last edited by dougm on November 22nd, 2020, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Both seats are installed now finally. Looking back on the conversion i can honestly say this is not a swap for the faint of heart.
It requires alot of measuring and re-measuring, grinding, cutting, drilling, more measuring, fitting, ect....
They are nice when they are installed and you are finished with all of the labor. Its just not a swap i would recommend for anyone that lacks
fabrication skills and motivation.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Last edited by dougm on November 22nd, 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warthogg

Post by Warthogg »

dougm,

Finished product looks great. Have you had some seat time to compare new vs old? I know you spent a lot of time with the conversion. Was it worth it? Is it comfortable enough that you recommend the change?
"Warthogg"- 2001 V10 4x4
dougm

Post by dougm »