MORRyde Rubber Shear Spring

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
retiredtim

MORRyde Rubber Shear Spring

Post by retiredtim »

I have a 2000 Concourse, does anyone know the part number for the morryde rubber shear spring? Is it a difficult job to replace them?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: MORRyde Rubber Shear Spring

Post by chin_k »

I did it myself, but the passenger side took twice as long as the driver side, due to the exhaust pipe in the way, so I have to use a port-a-power to get the install done. It took me whole day to do both, but my time is free, as you can tell.

There is a number stamped on the rubber (10) or (2) for example, and that is what you need to tell them when you order. There are several threads on the forum related to MorRyde installation.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

retiredtim wrote: September 12th, 2020, 5:54 am I have a 2000 Concourse, does anyone know the part number for the morryde rubber shear spring? Is it a difficult job to replace them?
When I ordered mine from Mor-Ryde, they recommended an upgraded part from the original: P/N DSR108-075 and recommend they be replaced in pairs. There are other choices, but these have worked well for me and still look perfect after about 4 years and 50K miles.

These are single molded rubber pieces rather than two halves bolted together like my originals. I have a 2001 Concourse.

Installation is either very difficult if you don't know what you are doing (like my installer) or not too difficult if you do. Hats off to Chin for learning to do it himself but you do need some hydraulic support to hold things in place. I recommend you get an installation recommendation from MorRyde, and use a spring place rather than a tire shop.
Last edited by caconcourse on September 12th, 2020, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

THANK YOU
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Depends on who you talk to over there on MorRyde, they may end up with DSR108-063 for you. It depends on what you have currently (take a look a the stamped number), and your GAWR. I would tell them your rear weight if you have yours weighted on a scale recently.

I was able to do a lot of the DIY myself due to the help from the folks here. I got the installation tool for MorRyde from Clay, for example, and it really help with the install on the driver side.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Here's a thread about those. Discusses part numbers et cetera.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1476
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge