CAB floor soaking wet, HELP!!!

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
dougm

CAB floor soaking wet, HELP!!!

Post by dougm »

I was in the process of doing the sienna seat swap using electric bases. I had removed the old seats, then i had to route a wire from the drivers side to the passenger side to power the new bases. I lifted the Vinyl flooring and the padding underneath was soaking wet. I mean drenched, it isnt antifreeze, but i pulled the heater plenum cover off on the passenger side and inspect the heater core for any signs of leaking, found nothing.

I ran a coat hanger threw the condensation drain tube to make sure it wasnt plugged. Im at a loss now, i cant find where its coming from and im suspecting that its coming in via the cowl or via a leaking windshield from all of the rain.

It rained here for a week straight, but the truck has been sitting parked in the driveway all week. There was so much water soaked into that pad i cant imagine what else would be causing it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any else have this type of issue and find what the cause was? I guess i can go get a new windsheild installed so they can inspect everything while the windsheild is out. it almost had to be from a weeks worth of constant raining....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: CAB floor soaking wet, HELP!!!

Post by chin_k »

Oh, this is difficult. I just want to wish you luck.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Jlfchinook

Re: CAB floor soaking wet, HELP!!!

Post by Jlfchinook »

Normally you can spray soapy water around outside of window, while blowing air on the inside of window to locate any leaks on windshield seal. Start at one area and slowly work your ways around while someone is blowing air on the inside. I use air hose but you could use leaf blower if do not have an air compressor.
2000 Concourse, 2001 premier