Paralax 8355

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
dougm

Re: Paralax 8355

Post by dougm »

The old ones cooling fan quit working plus i keep having to replace melted shore power plugs on the end of the cord. Its not that i cant make the trip without the new one, its that i didnt want to have to worry about the old one during the trip. They wont ship me a new one until they give me an RMA number and i ship this one back to them so they can verify its damaged. Plus im sure i will be out the cost of shipping it back to them on top of the several hundred i already spent.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Paralax 8355

Post by chin_k »

If the cooling fan is getting power, you can replace it with a new one for $10, since it is just a regular muffin fan. For the melted shore power plug, you need to cut the breaker (usually there is a breaker in the pedestal at camp site), plug it in, and switch the breaker on. I bet you just plug the shore cord into a live receptacle and want to watch the sparks fly? That is what melting the plug.

Anyway, the old original converter is not as good as a newer, modern ones, so maybe it is time to replace it, but I think if you get the larger one, and still plug the shore plug like that, it will melt it faster because it is a larger unit.

Some seller offer free return shipping.... is Dyers one of them? I don't know about damaged due to shipping, but my experience with Progressive Dynamics is that if they suspect their unit is faulty, they will send a new one out to you and you can ship the old one back to them later. Don't need to deal with nonsense like RMA that meant to prevent scam buyers. Call Parallex and see if they can help you with poor service with authorized seller. Just remember not to use your favorite "choice words" and I am sure they maybe able to satisfy you.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis