Newbie ?s for '94 Premiere

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
molliepocket

Newbie ?s for '94 Premiere

Post by molliepocket »

Hi folks,

Super stoked about this forum and all the salmon and helicopter puns I'll be blasting off. My partner and I have purchased a 1994 Premiere, about 60k with a fresh transmission and a refreshed interior. Going to full-time in warm weather climates indefinitely, we used to run a festival catering company and travel abroad, so COVID has us taking a big ole break for palm trees and cacti.

I'm a curious lady, working on taking pictures of things before I take them apart, luckily the read door handle did work out :lol: I've done a newbie amount of research on the following issues, hoping some vets wanna steer me in the right direction. Starting simple for now, saving power outlets for next week!

1) Driver's side arm rest - Where the heck can I scrounge one of these up?
2) Cup Holders - I see lots of info post '97. Anything prior for this '94?
3) Bathroom Door Removal - Pros and Cons? I was thinking velcro a shower curtain/vinyl.
4) Favorite outdoor setup? Shade, tables, chairs? My man loathes attached awnings, fears the worst!
5) Rear closet - I'd like to attach a curtain rod to suspend a closet or something similar. Suggestions?

Thanks and happy trails!
Attachments
nook.jpg
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Newbie ?s for '94 Premiere

Post by 68camaro »

Welcome and congrats on your new Chinook. I think you will find these are amazing little RV's that can get you into lots of remote places bigger ones have trouble with, and are nimble for trips into city as well.

As for as your questions:

1. I would put a request in classifieds section here and on any other sites you are on. Not sure if your year rig has Flexsteel seats or not but other RV sites might be worth shot as well.

2. Sorry can't help, but have you thought of a removable console with cupholders that go between the two seats. I was looking at one at Walmart and may pick one up for some extra upfront org/storage.

3. I actually thought of this, if you remove door you can get curtain on bowed-out rod that will give more room in shower and feel less cramped. However, I never took shower inside rig......yikes!

4. I rarely ever sit outside RV when using it, I am typically on water day break to dusk. I think I have used my awning twice in 2 years. I do think an electric awning would be cool but not sure weight of it would be good for fiberglass. When I am outside I have small fold-up chair and pop-up grill I used exactly once. Both are small enough to fit in closet without taking up much space.

5. If you don't have rear closet those small hanging closests or wardrobe would work, Amazon has tons of choices.

Looking forward to your pictures and adventures.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
molliepocket

Post by molliepocket »

Thanks 68camaro!

Yea, definitely drove back thru San Fran and parked right by Golden Gate - in love already!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

On #5, where you going to attach the rod? Isn't there a closet across from the bathroom?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

On a 94 e350 if it was ordered with cupholders, will be a pullout cupholder from the dash, lower right area of dash above the left upper corner of the doghouse cover, the lower dash trim is the front face of the cupholder plate. it should pullout and the cupholder / ashtray will be accessible. I havent seen any factory options for doghouse style with cupholders from Ford besides the 97 and newer ones. But the skys the limit with aftermarket products.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
molliepocket

Post by molliepocket »

chin_k wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:56 pm On #5, where you going to attach the rod? Isn't there a closet across from the bathroom?
Hey.- yes there is a closet. It seems that the walls of it are a bit flimsy to install something and add weight.
molliepocket

Post by molliepocket »

sm350bl wrote: November 9th, 2020, 8:51 am On a 94 e350 if it was ordered with cupholders, will be a pullout cupholder from the dash, lower right area of dash above the left upper corner of the doghouse cover, the lower dash trim is the front face of the cupholder plate. it should pullout and the cupholder / ashtray will be accessible. I havent seen any factory options for doghouse style with cupholders from Ford besides the 97 and newer ones. But the skys the limit with aftermarket products.
Ding ding ding!! Thank you!