New owner needs help

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
mrbourget

New owner needs help

Post by mrbourget »

I just purchased this 1992 Chinook camper van with 51,000 miles, I think it is a voyager. I was not able to get a tour of the features from the prior owner as he was out of state when I picked it up. I have several questions that I hope the community can answer.
1) Is the 2nd battery in the engine compartment for the chassis or the coach?
2)Is the switch on the dash ( lower driverside) some kind of power selector? or what?
3)Is this a Voyager? does anyone have a manual or any specs? I can't find any on the internet.
4) has anyone converted one of these to 4x4 or installed a locking diff?
5) The power selector switch, ( big red one behind the driver's seat) is #1 the chassis, #2 the coach? Any instructions.
6) Has anyone installed taller leaf springs or coils for more clearance? recommendations, please..
Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you.
Attachments
PXL_20210124_190732652.jpg
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: New owner needs help

Post by chin_k »

Very unique Chinook you got there! I tried to look at the tin can tourist, and the closest version I found is the Voyager, but the chassis there for the 1990 is a Dodge, and the paint scheme on your is much modern and similar to Concourse/Premier with the classic Chinook lines.
https://tincantourists.com/wiki/chinook/
Anyway, I assume you can't find the manual for it? If you post some picture of the swithces, etc., maybe we can make better guess about what it really mean. Also, if your check did clear, you can always call the seller and ask him. Unless you got such a good deal on it that you practically steal it and prefer not to know where you are ;)
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Here is a Voyer with a more similar paint scheme. It is a 1990 on a E350, so they probably changed the paint and chassis around the same time.????
http://www.fordcamperclassifieds.com/19 ... ashington/

Here is the one from Tin Can Tourist. I just realize that it is also a Ford E350 on that one too. Sorry about that.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Here is one that is the same year as your, 1992. But the paint scheme is slightly older with thicker lines on the cab and the overheard. It has interior photos, but nothing related to your questions about the control panel.

https://www.dubicars.com/1992-ford-econ ... 57491.html
mrbourget

Post by mrbourget »

Thanks for the help.