110v outlets not working

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
roscott

110v outlets not working

Post by roscott »

What would cause the 110 outlets not to work with generator running or shore connected? I checked the breakers (beneath sink) and they are all good/on (I toggled all of them, to be safe). Is there another breaker somewhere for these? They were working last week when I had a space heater plugged in...not sure if that tripped anything...but the only working outlet is the one for the Microwave.

Any ideas?

All of the fuses in the panel look good.
2004 Chinook Concourse
E350
BobW9

Re: 110v outlets not working

Post by BobW9 »

The microwave is on a separate circuit.

The AC outlets all go through the GFCI breaker on the outlet to the left of the bathroom door (near the fire extinguisher), with the little red and black buttons in between the 2 plug outlets. Try reseting it.

Another possibility that has happened to quite a few people, including me, is the outside AC outlet (in the box with the lid that lifts up) could have gotten wet at the wrong time, or rust building up, and if it shorts, you lose all the outlets. I think the only way to check that one is to open it up to see if the wires have rust or scorch marks on them.
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
roscott

Post by roscott »

Bob, you're a genius!! I didn't even realize there was a plug there. My father had plugged an AC power line monitor box into that plug...which basically covers the entire plug and I never paid any attention to an outlet being there....feel pretty stupid right now. I was looking all over for a GFCI and just kept bypassing that box since it hides the outlet.

Thanks again!!
2004 Chinook Concourse
E350
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Don't you love it when an issue can be solved with a simple push of a button? I wish everything else is like that! Glad that you got it resolved.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis