genset carburetor problem?

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
BobW9

Re: genset carburetor problem?

Post by BobW9 »

If the RV wasn't exactly level, perhaps enough gas was in a side/corner to make it lower where the tube is. I know that has happened to me a couple of times, where I moved in my spot a bit, leveled it better, and gained a few hours of generator time (though I try to remember to fill my gas tank before entering a park, which is my preference).

The only issue I can see with trying to get around that 1/4 tank minimum is if you don't notice your tank is getting low, run the generator too much... and find yourself in the middle of nowhere without enough gas to get to a service station. That would suck.
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

It was in the driveway, and it is sloped a bit, so I think both me adding more fuel and turning the rig around helped.

So far, we have not been using the genset much. It is just the two or three occasions when I just need the genset for a few minutes (need to run the microwave to heat up some lunch on the road side, etc.) that I have to make a long detour to get to the gas station to get more fuel. I am not worry about getting not enough gas to get to the next station, but you are absolutely right that it would suck if that happens.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Yeah, I've often run mine for a few minutes for Microwave - but if its hot and humid enough and I'm in the middle of nowhere, I've also run it all night to have A/C.
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10