chinooks for sale

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

chinooks for sale

Post by 68camaro »

Seems to be more chinooks for sale than normal, I wonder if just coincidence or gas prices and general economy causing people to travel less and and get rid of toys before economy tanks worse.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Chinnin-about

Re: chinooks for sale

Post by Chinnin-about »

I've noticed this too, and I've featured several in the Classified "found elsewhere " . It's a good time for anyone who's been wanting and watching for one, to snag one.
SMan

Post by SMan »

Not sure why but I imagine it could be the direction of the economy and $5+ a gallon for gas although gas has finally dropped a bit.

We are also going to be selling ours soon after 10 years of ownership. Our reason has nothing to do with the market or economy but more due to age and health. It has been a really great vehicle to have during the pandemic as we used it for a mobile dinning room when restaurants were only doing take out. Hopefully by fall I can get the roof vent and converter replaced and list it. I will hate to see it go.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I think the RV market is cyclical, so it is just one of the cycles. It sure is tough for the folks at Indiana who need to deal with the business/economical cycle, but it is just a fact of life.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
VCSam

Post by VCSam »

Hello,
I have been looking for an RV type vehicle and recently stumbled onto the Chinooks and have been reading all I can to find out more about them which lead me to this forum (cool forum). I have also ran across this thread and was wondering if you can elaborate on where people who are interested in selling their Chanooks have been listing them.
Greatly Appreciated
Sam
Chinnin-about

Post by Chinnin-about »

VCSam wrote: September 13th, 2022, 9:11 pm wondering if you can elaborate on where people who are interested in selling their Chanooks have been listing them.
Greatly Appreciated
Sam
I scan Craigslist for the entire west coast. There's about ten Chinooks currently listed. Also rv trader.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Also look at for sale section of expeditionportal.com
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
VCSam

Post by VCSam »

Thanks for the response, the hunt is on!!
Punches

Post by Punches »

I have benefited from the abundance of chinooks. Scored a really good deal locally. Has 200k miles, and a long list of things to fix though. The couple selling were 69 years old and didn’t like making the bed all the time. I get that. I really wanted a side door, but this one was in my price range. Last I looked there are two side doors for sale. If I could just fix mine up and resell it.