1977 chinook blinkers

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Chook77

1977 chinook blinkers

Post by Chook77 »

Hello there, new here, I recently purchased a 1977 dodge chinook 18+. My blinkers stopped working but my hazards still work. There are two flashers. The one for the hazard works as I disconnected it to isolate the issue. I replaced the other one with no luck. There is a bulb in the rear that is out but I can’t figure out how to remove the cover. When I use the blinker column it doesn’t light up on the inside either. I appreciate any help I can get resolving my problem. Thanx in advance.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 1977 chinook blinkers

Post by sm350bl »

Could be the turn signal switch itself. I am not familiar enough with that era dodge wiring but if one could verify on a wiring diagram that one of the flasher units is just for the turn signals then you could pull the flasher unit out of the connector and check for incoming power signal. Knowing if the turn signal flasher is getting power or not from the turn signal switch will cut your problem in half if that is how its wired up.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Unfortunately, I do not have a 1977 Dodge to know how to access the lights. You maybe able to get the info on Dodge-specific sites, or maybe youtube. Good luck with the troubleshooting.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
jiman

Post by jiman »

Chook77 wrote: November 17th, 2022, 4:46 pm Hello there, new here, I recently purchased a 1977 dodge chinook 18+. My blinkers stopped working but my hazards still work. There are two flashers. The one for the hazard works as I disconnected it to isolate the issue. I replaced the other one with no luck. There is a bulb in the rear that is out but I can’t figure out how to remove the cover. When I use the blinker column it doesn’t light up on the inside either. I appreciate any help I can get resolving my problem. Thanx in advance.
Have you looked for a solution on youtube? I found a lot of helpful videos for my Chinook (2000) on YouTube, you can try it too.