1997 Premier - add backup camera

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
noluck

Re: 1997 Premier - add backup camera

Post by noluck »

SMan wrote: January 18th, 2024, 7:38 am When I installed a camera I ended up putting in one and use it full time as my rear view mirror as well as a backup cam. The most work was running the wire from the camera above the rear entry door to the 7" head unit which I attached to the mirror. I ran the wire along the drivers side along the water tank, behind the sink cabinet and up behind the rear compartment to the cam. It works good and is much better than the mirror which looks thru the clouded window on my rear door. ;) I think I posted a thread about it.

A wireless camera would be a much easier way to go.
could you post a picture off the screen where the mirror was? thanks Dave
1995 chinook concourse soon to be cummins power
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

deppstein wrote: January 13th, 2024, 8:41 am Chin—what make/model wireless backup camera did you get? The one I have had for almost 6 years just died and I need to replace it.
Thanks,
David
David, I got the Haloview camera. Model is BT7. It is like 3 yrs old, so there maybe better alternatives out there. It is working well for me so far.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Chin—your Haloview BT7 looks like a great choice, but I have opted for the RSV 155-HD wireless unit due to fact that I don’t need the Haloview bells and whistles, and I like the smaller 5” profile of the monitor (mounted in ashtray holder on doghouse.
David