TV

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
terance13

TV

Post by terance13 »

Our 2001 Premier came with a 12V Supersonic TV. Don't know if it is OE, but the remote doesnt work. Ordered a new one from Amazon and it too doesn't work. Got a Firestick and now I have access to Netflix, etc, but can't get the Firestick programmed for volume or power. So....suggestions please. Thanks
Jlfchinook

Re: TV

Post by Jlfchinook »

Our wonderful government changed tv signal about 10 years ago. This made all old tv require a converter to pick up stations. I do not know if it causes problems with fire sticks or not. Converters were only about $40.00 back then, it might or not cure your problem. I just replaced by tv with a small flat screen, it was easiest fix.
2000 Concourse, 2001 premier
terance13

Post by terance13 »

Which TV did you get? Please send a link if possible. Thanks
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

terance13 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:18 pm Which TV did you get? Please send a link if possible. Thanks
We got a TV similar to this one, that includes a DVD player: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057IM9EU/re ... =UTF8&th=1 I spliced the original 12V tv wire into the power cable for the new tv. I also connected the earphone outputs to an auxiliary input on the coach stereo, so we could play TV sound through the coach speakers. Had to find a stereo with an aux input for this feature. I also plugged the old VHS player component cables into the TV so we could play VHS tapes, if you happen to still have the VHS player.

Here are some more details on my blog: https://clayrushing.com/2017/01/06/cont ... -upgrades/
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
SMan

Post by SMan »

I installed a 12V 19" Axess flatcreen (no longer on Amazon) to replace the old boat anchor tv. For power I used the old TV wires and installed a 12V cigarette lighter plug in the overhead.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10