New Front Suspension

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
markatherton

Re: New Front Suspension

Post by markatherton »

I saw this Chinook Premier the other day when I was at Weldtec. It is awesome....
dougm

Re: New Front Suspension

Post by dougm »

WeldTec Designs wrote: March 26th, 2019, 6:59 am Doug,
We are very SORRY for the huge ordeal this was in lifting your Chinook. It was Definitely a unique one with your rear suspension setup. I am glad in the end you were able to get your alignment corrected with the additional parts we supplied you with.
As for the rest of the Ford Chinooks we typically don't have these issues.
I have included a link to another Chinook we just completed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TNK3hKUsc
It was a learning experience if nothing else. Thank you for not leaving me hanging and doing everything that coud be expected considering
the distance between us. I can assure the group that Weldtec will do everything in their power within reason to get your rig working properly for you.
My situation was a bit unusual in that the rear suspension presented unique issues that a leaf spring truck will not have when lifting it.

When i showed up at Weldtec Jeremy was headed out of state to pickup a load of transfer cases so he wasnt able to be at the shop when the guys
swapped out the I-beams otherwise im certain the truck never would have been allowed to leave without resolving the issues right there at the shop. But we were able to figure it out and get it resolved with some persistence and UPS. Jeremy wont leave you hanging and with that said i think Weldtecs kit is the proper way to lift these trucks. You dont need special home made brackets or anything else to complete the lift like some other kits on the market.