Equipment/supplies/food for the road

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Equipment/supplies/food for the road

Post by deppstein »

All good information here. Indicative that we all have our methods and preferences for storage.
One thing to add that has worked well for me is the mounting of two NRS Bill's Dry Bags (one sitting on top of the other) securely strapped to the outside ladder for additional storage for things like bug tent, life jackets, extra bulky clothing--whatever does not have to get accessed regularly. I fashioned a platform to hold them by modifying one of those "hanging racks" that hang off the foot treads of the ladder (people tend to hang beach chairs, etc. on them). The bags hold a lot of stuff, are completely waterproof, and can be removed easily to access the ladder to get up onto the roof (I have either a canoe or kayaks up top).
Since I can't use roof for solar, I also carry a 200 watt "solar suitcase" (Zamp Solar), mounted on the bumper behind my Continental Spare (in front of back storage compartment) that is secured to back of the Rig by marine-type "U" bolts installed by drilling through the compartment door and shell (you can fasten the nuts to the bolts via the back storage compartment). I can still get into the back storage compartment with solar suitcase in place simply by loosening the straps enough to let the solar suitcase tilt out toward the spare tire.
Finally, I too carry bikes (two Copenhagen Wheel Electric Assist Bikes), on a front mounted heavy-duty Swagman rack fixed to a front-mounted 2" hitch.
Pictures of all this available if interested.
David
Roger D

Post by Roger D »

Fabulous ideas. Thanks to all. I'm already putting your ideas into my rig.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Roger D wrote:Fabulous ideas. Thanks to all. I'm already putting your ideas into my rig.
Even as you roll! :D
1999 Concourse