Welcome to new forum software

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Welcome to new forum software

Post by Scott »

Manitou wrote: April 14th, 2018, 9:38 pm I'm new to this version of forum software too, but I see an "attachment" tab when I post... do you not? does it not work?
It works fine, just a little different.
1994 Premier
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

I have seen and used the ‘attachment ‘ button but I’m doing something wrong as the pictures are either duplicated or doesn’t show a complete preview of the three pictures.
I’ll try posting again.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I saw your post where you stated you could only post 1 attachment per post. I changed the allowed number from 3 to 4. However, there is a size limit that you may be hitting with those amazing pictures. If you continue to see issues, try resizing them somehow to something more internet friendly. (Half a meg usually seems like a good ball park between quality and size).
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

One feature I missed is the ability to search for keyword among the different sub-forums. The way it is setup right now, I need to start with the category before I can search. Some topics are scattered in two or more, so it is kind of pain to do it from each sub-forum.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I just did a search without selecting any sub catagory at search.php
seemed to work fine for me.. ??
It has a section to select a sub section, but you don't have to.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

There used to have a link on the BoardIndex page to go to the search.php, but the current version only have the search box available on the sub forums. Maybe I am missing something on the main page.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I have a question. Not sure I have the right terminology, but if possible, I would like to change the forum "interface" back to the one I had before. It was the default. Might have been called sub silver or something like that? I looked around in the various controls I have but didn't see anyplace to adjust my view.

Reasons I liked that one were that it was easier for me to read, and also the functions I used every day (new posts since last visit, and active topics) were available with a click vs. a drop down menu and then select and click.

Not trying to make you re-invent anything, but I think there is usually a way to set the view but I just can't find it.
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

One more thing, but I wanted it to have a separate post. I think the information here is a treasure trove, and - more importantly - it is searchable and easy to read, with photos, documents, and text all together. I noticed you said there is no backup, and it would be a real shame to lose all the info.

I am not capable of technically helping, but I would be very willing to contribute money to the cause. Here is my idea: Could you (Manitou) figure out what it would cost (including paying you) to set this function up (and maybe maintain it for a year or some reasonable starting amount of time). Then have a separate "funding" just for that project?

I know I'd be very happy if you were able to say "I need this much money to get this going" and to contribute to a fund specifically for that. It seems important. I'd think others might feel the same way (?)

Thanks,
BG
1999 Concourse
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Blue~Go wrote: April 17th, 2018, 8:36 am .. and also the functions I used every day (new posts since last visit, and active topics) were available with a click vs. a drop down menu and then select and click.
Hey Blue, if in the future you want to avoid the added step of using the drop down for "active topics," go there, copy the address, and make that your book mark. Any time you open that bookmark, you should be directly taken to "active topics." That's what I do (Windows).
Last edited by Scott on April 17th, 2018, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
1994 Premier
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Blue~Go wrote: April 17th, 2018, 8:41 am One more thing, but I wanted it to have a separate post. I think the information here is a treasure trove, and - more importantly - it is searchable and easy to read, with photos, documents, and text all together. I noticed you said there is no backup, and it would be a real shame to lose all the info
Totally agree. I was a member on another forum a couple years ago and it crashed; since there was no backup, all was lost forever, and it was operated by some very sharp folks. Nothing could be done.

Manitou, thanks buddy for all that you do. Whether it's a little or a lot of your time, you should be compensated. This is one of the best forums I've been on. Not only is it a great resource, but it's also entertaining. The ads are ignorable (although mildly creepy that Amazon seems to know that I need new sunglasses :| ).
1994 Premier